So what is That Online Stuff anyway? Well at its core it’s me (Priya) looking to help you (the non-technical small business owner) get more productive with Google Workspace both as an administrator and an end user.
And why? Well, I’m a sole trader too – in fact I’m one of the 1.3 million small businesses in Australia that employ just 1 person (the owner!) – and I know how frustrating it can be when you’re spending all your time working in the business rather than on the business.
I’m a bit luckier than most though when it comes to this online stuff – I have a 20 year background in IT and online media, marketing and communications. My experience includes
- working for an Australian software company as a trainer, documentation writer and software quality assurance tester;
- doing online social media and communications for the Royal Australian Navy;
- working as a Marketing and Communications tutor at Deakin University
- writing a book on how to master your to do list and increase your productivity;
- working for Google as a Product Expert in Google Calendar and
- being the IT help desk and online business consultant for most of my family who also all run small businesses!
But don’t worry, if there’s one thing I don’t do it’s ‘talk the jargon’ – in fact I’ve got years of experience in translating geek-speak into something most people can understand. So the advice I give here is real, applicable and best of all – understandable!
So let’s get started shall we? And remember to sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the help you need to administer Google Workspace in your small business even if you’re not techie minded at all, so that you can stop worrying you’re doing it wrong and get on with running the business you love.
Published Sunday night to set up you up for the week ahead and completely free.