So what is That Online Stuff anyway? Well at its core it’s me (Priya) looking to help you (the non-technical small business owner) get more productive with Google Workspace.
And why? Well, I’m a sole trader too – in fact I’m one of the 1.3 million small businesses in Australia that employ just 1 person (the owner!) – and I know how frustrating it can be when you’re spending all your time working in the business rather than on the business.
I’m a bit luckier than most though when it comes to this online stuff – I have a 20 year background in IT and online media, marketing and communications. My experience includes
- working for an Australian software company as a trainer, documentation writer and software quality assurance tester;
- doing online social media and communications for the Royal Australian Navy;
- working as a Marketing and Communications tutor at Deakin University
- writing a book on how to master your to do list and increase your productivity;
- working for Google as a Product Expert in Google Calendar and
- being the IT help desk and online business consultant for most of my family who also all run small businesses!
But don’t worry, if there’s one thing I don’t do it’s ‘talk the jargon’ – in fact I’ve got years of experience in translating geek-speak into something most people can understand. So the advice I give here is real, applicable and best of all – understandable!
So let’s get started shall we? Feel free to roam around the website – click on the category links in the right hand sidebar to see everything I’ve written about different topics – and remember to sign up for the newsletter to get a weekly round up of all Google Workspace related items.