- Using Google Workspace and can’t change your profile picture?
If you’re an administrator then you’ve got the power to change this for your users – read on to find out how. If you’re a user who’s experiencing this issue – send this article to your administrator!
- See which Google Workspace features are available for your license
Wondering why you can’t see a particular Google Workspace feature? Check out this table (updated each week) to see if it’s available for your particular Google Workspace license.
- Keep multiple Google calendars updated with Zapier
Want to sync certain events from a personal to a work Google Calendar without manually inviting it each time? Learn how a Zapier workflow may be the answer in this easy to read, practical article.
- Track your time in Google Calendar and Google Sheets
Want to track the amount of time you’ve spent on a particular project, client or activity? Learn how Google Calendar, Google Sheets and Zapier may be the answer in this easy to read, practical article.
- Improve your Google Calendar productivity with keyboard shortcuts
Do you want to create or edit an event with a single click? How about jump to a specific date in Google Calendar? These shortcuts will help improve your productivity in less than 5 minutes!
- How Do I Suggest A New Time in Google Calendar
We’ve all experienced it right? Someone sends us a calendar invitation and we want to attend but the time or date just isn’t right. So how do you suggest a new time if you’re using Google Calendar?
- How To Create a Google Calendar Event Template
Do you ever have to create the same event over and over? Perhaps you’ve got standard ‘job details’ that need to be added to an event – how do you make sure they’re properly added?
- How to create a Google Calendar event from Gmail
Did you know there are two different ways to create a Google Calendar event from Gmail? Both are easy to do but you do end up with different calendar events
- How do I cancel a Google Workspace trial?
Did you start a trial of Google Workspace and decide it wasn’t for you? Sorry to see you go, but it’s fairly easy to cancel the trial.
- How to create group inboxes in Google Workspace
Do you have many people needing access to the one inbox – like support staff or freelancers? This simple to understand article walks you through exactly how to set up such an inbox.
- How to add email aliases to Google Workspace
Using Google Workspace in your small business and want multiple emails like contact@, info@ etc? This simple to understand article steps you through exactly how to add them in a simple, easy to understand way
- How to add multiple domains to Google Workspace
Do you have multiple domains that you’d like to manage through the one Google Workspace installation? Find out how in this simple, easy-to-read article.
- What is a ‘workspace’ in Google Drive?
Are you a Google Workspace user? You may be wondering what ‘workspace’ is in Google Drive and how to use it. Read on to find out more!
- Can Google Workspace host my website?
Wondering if Google Workspace can host your website? The short answer is yes – this easy to understand article walks you through the long answer including the pros and cons!
- How to contact Google Workspace support as an administrator
Having issues with Google Workspace? This comprehensive article describes all the support options available to you as an administrator
- What are Rapid and Scheduled Release domains in Google Workspace?
What does Google Workspace mean when it talks about Rapid release and Scheduled release domains?
- Google Workspace Weekly Round-up for 18 October 2021
No new rollouts at all this week but there were plenty of announcements from Cloud Next ’21 and quite a few previously announced updates completed rolling out
- Google Workspace Weekly Round-up for 11 October 2021
A much quieter week for Google Workspace update announcements compared to last week but there’s still a few interesting updates rolling out, so keep your eye out for those.
- Google Workspace Weekly Round-up for 04 October 2021
This week we’ve got a lot of updates – upcoming and in-progress as well as updates that were completed last week. In fact there’s 14 in total!
- What is multi-factor authentication and do I really need it as a sole trader?
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a way to prove your online identity through two different checks. It is sometimes called two-step verification (2SV) or two-factor authentication (2FA).
- What’s the difference between Google Keep and Google Tasks?
What a great question! And one that I think a lot of people ask. After all, you can set reminders on Google Keep just like you can on Google Tasks, you can put details into each and both show up in Google Calendar. So why choose one over the other? Do you even have to […]
- Suggested 1:1 or group Google chats don’t work for everyone
Are you a sole trader/solopreneur and wondering why you’re not seeing suggested 1:1 chats based on current meetings on your Google Calendar?
- Improve your Google Workspace security by adding a Super Admin account
A comprehensive guide to improving your small business Google Workspace security by setting up a separate Super Administrator account
- Launch of Google Workspace Individual
Google Workspace Individual has now launched in five countries with 8 Google Meet premium features and a new version of Google Calendar booking appointment slots.
- Google Chat – the definitive guide for Google Workspace administrators
This is a complete guide to Google Chat for Google Workspace administrators. Learn how to set up and administer Google Chat in a small business with this simple to understand, but in-depth post.
- What Google Workspace Admins need to know about Google Meet updates – May 2021
This quick yet comprehensive article helps small business Google Workspace admins learn all they need to know about the May 2021 Google Meet updates including what they need to do as an administrator and the effect it will have on their end users.
- How to turn Google Maps on in Google Workspace
This article explains how to resolve the “no access to google maps contact administrator” error in just a couple of quick easy steps – so let’s get started. Actually, before we do – just a reminder that you’ll need to have Google Workspace administrator rights to resolve this issue. If that’s you, fantastic. If not, […]
- My Google Calendar mobile app does not sync with my desktop Google Calendar
One of the main advantages of Google Calendar is how you can enter an event via the web interface and within seconds it is visible on your phone – or vice versa: add an event on your phone and woosh, there it is on Google Calendar on your computer. Unfortunately, for some people that last […]
- Staying safe with Google Workspace and 2 step authentication
I’ve previously written about using 2 factor authentication (2FA) to stay safer when using your Google account, even as a sole trader. I also mentioned how that particular authentication technique couldn’t be used with Google Workspace. However, there is another version of 2FA or two-step verification that can be used by Google Workspace users which […]
- How to allow someone outside your business access to a Google Calendar
Has this ever happened to you – you’re trying to share your Google Workspace Calendar with someone outside of your business and the only option you have is ‘See only free/busy’ but really you want them to see the event details? For sole traders this usually happens when they try to share their work calendar […]
- Are Google Keep Notes available offline?
If you’re using the Google Keep mobile app then you can access previously synced Google Keep Notes even when you’re not connected to the internet. But what if you’re not using the mobile app?
- Are Google Keep notes encrypted?
No. I love Google Keep but I definitely do not recommend storing any sensitive information via it. Store all that information (passwords, personal identification information, bank details etc) in an app that’s specifically designed to hold all that information securely.
- Are Google Calendar tasks private?
Yes they are. In fact they are so private that you can’t even share them with someone else, which is a major failing in my opinion and one of the reasons I still keep using Google Keep. Want to learn more about Google Keep and how you can use it in your small business? Check […]
- Is it possible to export Google Docs to PDF?
Yes it is definitely possible to export a Google Doc to PDF. The way you do this export to PDF does differ depending on whether you’re using your PC or the mobile app though. Exporting a Google Doc to PDF on your PC In Drive on your PC open your Google Doc and select File […]
- How can I see when a Google Calendar event was created?
Wondering when a Google Calendar event was created or modified? There’s only one way to do that if you’re using the free version of Google Calendar.
- Are Google Keep notes backed up?
Are Google Keep notes backed up? Well yes and no. But there’s a great way to keep a separate copy of them if you want via Google Docs
- Why is my default Google Calendar not showing on the mobile app?
Have you changed the name of your Google Calendar on your PC or laptop? Many people do, to make the default Google Calendar name more meaningful to them. But, then you go to your Google Calendar mobile app and the name change hasn’t come through! So you refresh the calendar app; uninstall and reinstall it; […]
- Can I RSVP to a Google Calendar invite from an alternate email address?
This question is asked a lot, and it is weird that Google Calendar doesn’t allow for this, given you can add alternate email addresses to your calendar. If you want the RSVP to come from your alternate email then you need to respond directly from that email, not from the main or default email.
- Can I share Google Calendar notifications with someone else?
This guide gives you three quick ways to get in touch through Google Calendar, with your guests on web or mobile.
- Copying a Google Keep note
I love the ability to copy a Google Keep note – personally I’ve set up a number of notes which act as templates (like packing lists for example) and when I need to use one I just copy it for my next trip or requirement. This article quickly and easily shows you how to do […]
- Chapter 4 – Deleting and restoring Google Keep Notes
In this chapter we’ll learn how to delete and restore Google Keep Notes on both the website and the mobile app.
- Chapter 3 of Google Keep for Small Business Owners
In Chapter 3 of Google Keep for Small Business Owners we look at some of the basics: how to create and edit a note on both the Google Keep website and the mobile app
- Setting up Gmail Signature blocks in Google Workspace
Want to automatically add a signature block to your email? Or choose a different signature every time you write an email? Learn how!
- Is Instagram right for my small business?
How do I work out if Instagram is right for my business? Eight things to ask yourself before hitting upload.
- What is a password manager and why do I need one?
Last week I wrote about cyber security specifically passwords and passphrases and how using a password manager could help. What is a password manager? Password managers pretty much do what the label says – they allow you to store all your passwords in a virtual safe. All you need to remember is the safe’s ‘combination’ […]
- Why do I need to worry about cyber security? I’m just a sole trader!
Being online and digital is great – it can save small businesses (including sole traders) time, and allow owners to work ‘anywhere, anytime’. But with that connection also comes risk. We’ve all heard of online scams that target individuals and security breaches targeting large companies with the end result usually a request for money or […]
- Doing More with Google Tasks
A few days ago I wrote about Getting Started with Google Tasks and today I thought I might go a little further into how you as a sole trader, professional or independent contractor can use this light-weight but extremely handy application from Google. If you haven’t looked at the earlier post then please do so […]
- Getting Started with Google Keep
One of the things I like most about going digital is having the ability to take notes and get reminders about things no matter where I am. No more looking for paper or a pen; no more scribbling a phone number on the palm of my hand; no more searching for that Post It note […]
- Why can’t I see my tasks on the Google Calendar mobile app?
Update September 2020: Google is slowly rolling out the ability to add Tasks from the Google Calendar mobile app which is fantastic news. When you click on the + button in the bottom right, you’ll see the ability to add a Task as well as Event or Reminder. No more worrying about where your tasks […]
- I’m not seeing my reminders or tasks in my Google calendar – what’s going on?
This is a question I hear a lot – someone will tell me they created a Google Keep reminder or a Google Task but that they can’t then see the item in their Google Calendar. The first thing is to confirm – is this happening on the desktop/laptop version of Google Calendar or on the […]
- Getting started with Google Tasks
I love to-do lists (which might explain why I wrote a book called “Master your To-do list“) and I’m guessing if you’re reading this, you do too. Luckily Google has provided us with an easy to use, light-weight task (or to-do) application for free. Who shouldn’t use Google Tasks? Before going any further, I should […]