Using the mobile app
If you’re using the Google Keep mobile app then you can access previously synced Google Keep Notes even when you’re not connected to the internet.
You can also add new Google Keep Notes through the mobile app and the next time you access the internet, those new Notes will be synced to your main Google Keep account.
But what if you’re not using the mobile app?
Using a Chromebook
If you’re using a Chromebook then yes your Google Keep Notes are accessible offline, but make sure you save them first:
- Connect your Chromebook to the internet.
- In the corner of your screen, click the Launcher then the Up arrow.
- Open the Google Keep app.
- Wait for a few minutes. Your Chromebook will automatically save your notes so you can see them offline.
After your Chromebook saves your notes, you can edit them or write new notes offline. Any changes you make will show up in Google Keep the next time you’re online.
Not using a Chromebook
If you’re not using a Chromebook then you can
- Read Google Keep Notes if you opened the browser tab whilst you were connected to the internet
- Add new Google Keep Notes through the Google Keep Chrome extension
BUT if you make changes to a Note, and shut down the browser tab before re-connecting then all changes will be lost.
In summary: Are Google Keep Notes available offline?
Yes, if you’re using the mobile app.
Yes, if you’re using a Chromebook.
Otherwise the answer is ‘kind of’
Bottom line? If you’re offline and using a PC or a MacBook don’t assume your Google Keep Notes are being backed up!
Want more personalised help?
I hope this article was of assistance to you, but if you want more personalised help then why not get in touch?
I specialise in helping small business owners just like you work better with Google Workspace so you can save time and money by streamlining your business processes; increasing your productivity; and improving client and employee comunications.