- Suggested 1:1 or group Google chats don’t work for everyoneAre you a sole trader/solopreneur and wondering why you’re not seeing suggested 1:1 chats based on current meetings on your Google Calendar?
- How to turn Google Maps on in Google WorkspaceAre you looking forward to being able to use Google Maps from your Google Calendar sidebar to see and research place information on the same screen? I know I am – particularly as it includes the ability to add driving times to my calendar as well. Such a great feature! And it’s one of those […]
- My Google Calendar mobile app does not sync with my desktop Google CalendarOne of the main advantages of Google Calendar is how you can enter an event via the web interface and within seconds it is visible on your phone – or vice versa: add an event on your phone and woosh, there it is on Google Calendar on your computer. Unfortunately, for some people that last […]
- How do I share full access to my Google Calendar with someone outside my organisation?Has this ever happened to you – you’re trying to share your Google Calendar with someone outside of your business and the only option you have is ‘See only free/busy’? But when you share internally there’s no problem? Essentially what’s happened here is the Google Workspace administrator has limited how you can share your calendar […]
- Are Google Calendar tasks private?Yes they are. In fact they are so private that you can’t even share them with someone else, which is a major failing in my opinion and one of the reasons I still keep using Google Keep. Want to learn more about Google Keep and how you can use it in your small business? Check […]
- Launch of Google Workspace IndividualGoogle Workspace Individual has now launched in five countries with 8 Google Meet premium features and a new version of Google Calendar booking appointment slots.
- What Google Workspace Admins need to know about Google Meet updates – May 2021This quick yet comprehensive article helps small business Google Workspace admins learn all they need to know about the May 2021 Google Meet updates including what they need to do as an administrator and the effect it will have on their end users.
- Improve your Google Workspace security by adding a Super Admin accountA comprehensive guide to improving your small business Google Workspace security by setting up a separate Super Administrator account
- Google Chat – the definitive guide for Google Workspace administratorsThis is a complete guide to Google Chat for Google Workspace administrators. Learn how to set up and administer Google Chat in a small business with this simple to understand, but in-depth post.
- Staying safe with Google Workspace and 2 step authenticationI’ve previously written about using 2 factor authentication (2FA) to stay safer when using your Google account, even as a sole trader. I also mentioned how that particular authentication technique couldn’t be used with Google Workspace. However, there is another version of 2FA or two-step verification that can be used by Google Workspace users which […]
- What is multi-factor authentication and do I really need it as a sole trader?Alright welcome back to the 3rd in our Stay Smart Online series for Stay Smart Week 2019. Today I’m writing about multi-factor or 2 step authentication. This is sometimes abbreviated to 2FA (which does not mean what I first thought, when I saw those letters!) Firstly, what is 2FA? Essentially it means there are two […]
- What is a password manager and why do I need one?Last week I wrote about cyber security specifically passwords and passphrases and how using a password manager could help. What is a password manager? Password managers pretty much do what the label says – they allow you to store all your passwords in a virtual safe. All you need to remember is the safe’s ‘combination’ […]
Don’t spend another day going it alone
Get all the tips, news and resources you need to run Google Workspace in your small business, so you can spend less time on ‘that stuff’ and more time running the business you love.
Published every Sunday night (Australian time) to set you up for the week ahead. Completely free and designed especially for small business owners.