- Suggested 1:1 or group Google chats don’t work for everyoneAre you a sole trader/solopreneur and wondering why you’re not seeing suggested 1:1 chats based on current meetings on your Google Calendar?
- How to turn Google Maps on in Google WorkspaceThis article explains how to resolve the “no access to google maps contact administrator” error in just a couple of quick easy steps – so let’s get started. Actually, before we do – just a reminder that you’ll need to have Google Workspace administrator rights to resolve this issue. If that’s you, fantastic. If not, […]
- My Google Calendar mobile app does not sync with my desktop Google CalendarOne of the main advantages of Google Calendar is how you can enter an event via the web interface and within seconds it is visible on your phone – or vice versa: add an event on your phone and woosh, there it is on Google Calendar on your computer. Unfortunately, for some people that last […]
- How to allow someone outside your business access to a Google CalendarHas this ever happened to you – you’re trying to share your Google Workspace Calendar with someone outside of your business and the only option you have is ‘See only free/busy’ but really you want them to see the event details? For sole traders this usually happens when they try to share their work calendar […]
- Are Google Calendar tasks private?Yes they are. In fact they are so private that you can’t even share them with someone else, which is a major failing in my opinion and one of the reasons I still keep using Google Keep. Want to learn more about Google Keep and how you can use it in your small business? Check […]
- Google Workspace Weekly Round-up for 18 October 2021No new rollouts at all this week but there were plenty of announcements from Cloud Next ’21 and quite a few previously announced updates completed rolling out
- Google Workspace Weekly Round-up for 11 October 2021A much quieter week for Google Workspace update announcements compared to last week but there’s still a few interesting updates rolling out, so keep your eye out for those.
- Google Workspace Weekly Round-up for 04 October 2021This week we’ve got a lot of updates – upcoming and in-progress as well as updates that were completed last week. In fact there’s 14 in total!
- Launch of Google Workspace IndividualGoogle Workspace Individual has now launched in five countries with 8 Google Meet premium features and a new version of Google Calendar booking appointment slots.
- What Google Workspace Admins need to know about Google Meet updates – May 2021This quick yet comprehensive article helps small business Google Workspace admins learn all they need to know about the May 2021 Google Meet updates including what they need to do as an administrator and the effect it will have on their end users.
- What is multi-factor authentication and do I really need it as a sole trader?Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a way to prove your online identity through two different checks. It is sometimes called two-step verification (2SV) or two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Improve your Google Workspace security by adding a Super Admin accountA comprehensive guide to improving your small business Google Workspace security by setting up a separate Super Administrator account
- Google Chat – the definitive guide for Google Workspace administratorsThis is a complete guide to Google Chat for Google Workspace administrators. Learn how to set up and administer Google Chat in a small business with this simple to understand, but in-depth post.
- Staying safe with Google Workspace and 2 step authenticationI’ve previously written about using 2 factor authentication (2FA) to stay safer when using your Google account, even as a sole trader. I also mentioned how that particular authentication technique couldn’t be used with Google Workspace. However, there is another version of 2FA or two-step verification that can be used by Google Workspace users which […]
- What is a password manager and why do I need one?Last week I wrote about cyber security specifically passwords and passphrases and how using a password manager could help. What is a password manager? Password managers pretty much do what the label says – they allow you to store all your passwords in a virtual safe. All you need to remember is the safe’s ‘combination’ […]
Make the most of your Google Workspace investment
Get the information you need to administer and use Google Workspace in your small business. Published every Sunday night (Australian time) to set you up for the week ahead.
Designed and written by a small business owner for small business owners.